CAL International hold the silver award for the Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
What does this mean?
It means that CAL International actively demonstrate support to the Defence and the wider Armed Forces community. This support includes employing serving and former members of the Armed Forces community, and demonstrating flexibility towards training and mobilisation commitments for Reservists and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers.
To gain the silver award a company or organisation must pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
Silver award holders:
- must have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
- must have already stated their intent to be supportive by using the ERSwebsite to register at the Bronze level
- must proactively demonstrate that service personnel/armed forces community are not unfairly disadvantaged as part of their recruiting and selection processes
- should employ at least one individual from the AFC category that the nomination emphasises.
- must actively ensure that their workforce is aware of their positive policies towards defence people issues.
- within the context of Reserves, the employer must have demonstrated support to mobilisations or have a framework in place. They must demonstrate support to training by providing at least 5 days’ additional unpaid/paid leave (wherever possible not to Reservist employees’ financial disadvantage).
CAL International offer cutting edge engineered solutions by combining traditional engineering precision with the latest technologies to create an exciting blend of innovation and design.
To learn more about the Employer Recognition Scheme, visit https://bit.ly/3k9Vayx
For more information about our services or to enquire;
call +44 (0)151 315 0490
follow us on twitter @CALenquiries
follow us on Linked In : CAL International